What is a “cracked” furnace? How serious is this?

The part that transfers heat from the gas flame to the air in the house is called a “heat exchanger”. If the heat exchanger has a crack or rust hole in it, the fumes (including carbon monoxide) enter the air that comes out of the supply registers into your home or office.

Read More…

Skip to content